The dispute over mackerel quotas goes on

December 17, 2010 14:52

The European Union and Norway have now agreed on mackerel quotas for 2011, reports www.megafishnet.com with reference to Iceland Seafood International.

As follows:

>>  For the European Union: 401,000 tons

>>  For Norway: 183,000 tons


This is a total of 584,00 tons or 90.4 percent of the 646,000 tons recommended by ICES, leaving only 62,000 tons or 9.6 percent for Iceland and the Faroes.  It now seems certain that these two countries will set unilateral quotas for themselves and the analysts are forecasting 130,000 tons for Iceland and 97,000 tons for the Faroes.

{{countTopicsText}}
What is MEGAFISHNET.COM?
MEGAFISHNET.com is a global fish and seafood marketplace with an emphasis on APPROVED SUPPLIERS from such major sources as China, Russia, Vietnam, Europe, Americas, etc. More details →
Экор