Russian vets proposing simplification of fish clearance for export from Russia in 2011
More specifically, the Russian vets have proposed to cancel:
- issue of export permits for water bioresources harvested in the inland waters including inland marine waters of Russia, as well as in the exclusive economic zone and the continental shelf of Russia and products made on the territory of Russia,
- fee charged by competent authorities subordinate to the provinces' veterinary departments for accompanying veterinary documents for fish products transported through the territory of Russia.
In addition, Rosselkhoznadzor has proposed to entrust the industry associations of Russian seafood exporters with the following:
- arrangement of inspections at Russian fishing and fish processing plants and vessels producing, transporting and/or storing products intended for export from Russia,
- keeping the register of Russian plants exporting fish products,
- making up of export certificates for Russian fish products if they are needed according to the requirements of importing countries.
The above mentioned proposals of Rosselkhoznadzor were forwarded for consents to the Government of Russia and the nation's Ministry of Agriculture.