FAF and shipbuilders working to minimize newbuilding delays at USC yards
Russia’s Agency for Fishery (FAF) and the Board of Directors of the United Shipbuilding Corporation (USC) have agreed that USC will implement stricter controls to avoid any further deadline delays for the completion of 20 vessels now under construction at the yards of the Group for fishing companies based in the Russian Northwest and Far East, reports Megafishnet.com.
According to FAF, the delivery deadlines had to be extended in most cases by up to one year and as a result only five boats have been delivered to customers so far as listed below:
* three 50-meter RSW seiner-trawlers "Leninets", "Commander", "Vasily Kaplyuk", built for the Lenin Fishing Co-op (Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky) at "Yantar" Shipyard in Kaliningrad;
• 86-meter stern trawler "Barents Sea", built to order of JSC "Arkhangelsk Trawl Fleet" at PJSC Vyborg Shipyard;
• 35-meter trawler "Vympel" for PTF "Karelryba" LLC built at the facilities of JSC "Vimpel" in Rybinsk.
Further 26 vessels are currently under construction at the shipyards, of which 20 vessels are being built by such USC subsidiaries as PJSC "Vyborg Shipyard" with 6 boats, PJSC "Northern Shipyard" with 10 vessels, JSC "Baltic Shipyard "Yantar" with 1 vessel and JSC "Admiralty Shipyards" with 3 vessels. Another 6 trawlers are being built at the Pella Yard, which is not part of the corporation.
Of the 26 vessels under construction, 12 vessels have already been launched as named below:
* two 86-meter stern trawlers, built to order of JSC "Arkhangelsk Trawl Fleet" at PJSC Vyborg Shipyard;
• two 80-meter stern trawlers for JSC NPO Atlantrybflot and Nord-Pilgrim LLC at PJSC Vyborg Shipyard;
• one 70-meter stern trawler for the group of companies "Murmanseld-2", under construction at Pella Yard;
• two 60-meter stern trawlers for the FEST Group of companies, which are being built at Pella Yard;
* two 108-meter processor trawlers under construction at JSC Admiralty Shipyards for Russian Fishery Company LLC;
• one 81-meter processor trawler, under construction to order of the NOREBO Group of Companies at PJSC Northern Shipyard;
* two 59-meter longliners built to order of the Virma group at PJSC Northern Shipyard.
Within the framework of state measures to support the renewal of the fishing fleet with the help of investment fishing quotas, 55 contracts for the construction of vessels (30 for the Far Eastern and 25 for the Northern Fisheries) were concluded making up an investment of 174 billion rubles (ca. $2.3 billion).
Most of these orders were secured by four USC enterprises: Admiralty Shipyards, Vyborg Shipyard, Northern Shipyard and Yantar.
Later, according to the results of the bid campaigns conducted in 2020, investment projects for the construction of 5 more vessels were selected by FAF for encouragement by extra fishing quotas.
FAF hopes that the investment quota program will make it possible to renew about 80% of the fleet in the Northern Fisheries and 40% in the Russian Far East.