Brussels shortlist announced
THE finalists for the new Seafood Excellence Global awards competition have been announced today, reports www.megafishnet.com with reference to FishnewsEU.
This is the inaugural year of the event’s product competition, previously called the Prix d’elite, that will feature and recognize the best seafood products represented at the exposition. The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony and reception at the Seafood Expo Global in Brussels on 26 April.
Taking place in Auditorium 2000 from 18:15 until 20:00, two grand prizes will be awarded for the Best Retail Product and the Best Hotel/Restaurant/Catering (HORECA) Product. Five special awards will be presented for innovation, convenience, health & nutrition, retail packaging and seafood product line.
Of the 42 finalists, representing 15 countries, only five are from the UK and Ireland:
• Seafood Umami Pearls from Keohanes/Atlantic Seafood Company Ireland Ltd. – Ireland.
• Big & Tasty Cromer Crab Soufflés from The Big Prawn Company Ltd. – United Kingdom.
• Big Prawn Bistro Seafood Doughnuts from The Big Prawn Company Ltd. – United Kingdom.
• Big Prawn Bistro Quick & Easy Seafood Bisque from The Big Prawn Company Ltd. – United Kingdom.
• Fresh Native Hebridean Farmed Atlantic Salmon from The Scottish Salmon Company – United Kingdom.
With thousands of companies represented at Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global and more than 70 applications, to be chosen as a winner or selected as a finalist of the Seafood Excellence Global Awards competition is a notable achievement.
The finalists’ products will be showcased at the Seafood Excellence Global, stand P-4619-4635 in the Patio, during the three-day exposition.