Results of commercial salmon fishery in Kamchatka as per 23 June 2019
As per late June 2019 the salmon production in Kamchatka from all types of fisheries amounted to 4745 metric tons.
Commercial operations contributed a major share to the total harvest, namely 4689 tonnes. The results as broken down by the species were as follows:
- 2089 tonnes of pink salmon;
- 101 tonnes of chum salmon;
- 4446 tonnes of sockeye;
- 140 tonnes of chinook.
The results by fishing areas were as follows:
- West Bering Sea Zone - 79.983 tonnes;
- Karaginskaya subzone - 136.952 tonnes;
- Petropavlovsk-Commander subzone - 4,396.348 tonnes;
- West Kamchatka subzone - 75.832 tonnes;
- Kamchatka-Kuril subzone - 0.100 tonnes.