Russian fresh and frozen fish exports on the rise in first 9 months of 2018 / December 4, 2018 09:04
Raw customs data processed by Fishnet analysts show that in the first 9 months of 2018 the Russian exports of fish & crustaceans (HSC group 03) from the customs territory (equal to land + Russian EEZs except for Barents Sea) have increased both in terms of volume and value as compared to the same period of 2017. The figures cover all exports except for the catches shipped to foreign buyers from beyond the Russian customs territory in the Barents Sea (from beyond demarcation line with Norway catches are not subject to mandatory customs clearance).
More specifically, in January-September 2018 Russian exports of seafood under HSC subgroups 0301-0308 totalled 2,830.43 million USD rising by 16.67 % on the same period of 2017. In volume the shipments amounted to 1,250,814.63 metric tons (net weight), 2.07% higher than in 2017.
Table 1. Dynamics of export shipments covering more than 90% of the market in January-September 2018
Note: the figures cover all the shipments’ volumes as they are stated in customs documents (without conversion to round weight). More detailed information featuring particular products is given in Russia’s Seafood Exports report made by FISHNET and offered for sale here.
Countries of destination
Table 2. Dynamics of export shipments by selected countries of destination
A number of countries dramatically increased their purchases of Russian seafood in the period under analysis:
• Germany +317%, mostly APO mince and fillets;
• Lithuania + 51%, to 3,858 tonnes, mostly cod and zander;
• Denmark + 134%, mostly cod.
In the meantime, several countries decreased purchases of seafood from Russia:
• Turkey -71%, mostly flounder;
• Canada -85%, mostly salted and dried products;
• Moldova -82%, ca.50% of purchases – pink salmon.
As for the positions of leading importers of Russian seafood, the trends were as follows:
positive for PACIFIC RIM GROUP PTE LTD, PACIFIC COAST SEAFOODS LTD, DONG-NAM CO LTD;
negative for MARINE TRUMP INTERNATIONAL CO LTD, SAJODAERIM CORPORATION, KEUK DONG FISHERIES CO LTD.
Table 3. TOP5 Russian exporters of seafood in January-September 2017-2018 by net weight
Table 4. TOP5 Russian exporters of seafood in January-September 2017-2018 by statistical value
Dramatic rises were displayed for the following exporters:
• Sakhalinrybaksoyuz PO OOO +21% (24,172 metric tons), mostly Alaska pollock to China and South Korea;
• Kurilskiy Rybak ZAO, shipments rose to 17,001 tonnes, mostly pink salmon;
• Vityaz-Avto OOO, +382%, mostly pink salmon, sockeye.
Negative dynamics was registered for:
• Pilenga ZAO, from 24,570 tonnes to 15,900 tonnes, mostly Alaska pollock and herring;
• Dalmoreproduct HC AO -56% to 8,373 tonnes, mostly pink salmon and herring;
In the first nine months of 2018 as many as 195 more Russian companies started to export seafood to the international markets. The newcomers altogether exported more than 85,000 metric tons of seafood. Some of them were:
• DMP-RM AO, 30,859 tonnes of Alaska pollock and herring;
• Nerey TK OOO, 13,937 tonnes of APO, herring and flounder mostly;
• Elbrus OOO, more than 2,700 tonnes of mostly flounder, cod and APO.
Published by FISHNET.RU
Back to news list → • Print out version
0 comments, add comment.